• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Very stupid question?
Quote:Among the many changes that may or may not be gelling, is it possible that some display on the MacENC screen is in the works? I've noticed that the tide and current stations have lat/long values. Of course I want the fancy current arrows just like the big boys get with Nobeltec, but perhaps the next best thing would be to have little symbols appearing on the screen at the appropriate locations, with the current value for the station appearing in the navigation window, just like when I click on any other screen object?

One change I'm working on is to have the stations show what's going on (tides will be rising/falling, currents will have their directions plotted) and then animate this for every 15 minutes over 8 or 12 hours. It's a little slow right now, but it is interesting to watch the currents change as time goes by.

The other thing I'm working on is to get rid of the satellite maps and go with a detailed vector chart. This will make zooms work better, but we'll lose the colors for land and water.

August

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by - September 13, 2009 15:22
[No subject] - by - September 13, 2009 16:42
[No subject] - by - September 15, 2009 11:51
[No subject] - by - September 15, 2009 13:37
[No subject] - by - September 23, 2009 15:47
[No subject] - by - September 23, 2009 18:29
[No subject] - by - September 23, 2009 22:40