• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Lion
Mr. Tides 3 is reported to have problems (read: it crashes after a few minutes) on Lion. I'm investigating (as soon as some installs are completed) and will post more when I know what's going on. The code for Mr. Tides is pretty old (5+ years!) so it's going to take me a while to figure out what's going on.

HI, I haven't had any trouble with Mr. Tides 3 on Loin. I'm running a Mac Book with 4 GB of ram. I went sailing for a week on SF Bay and it worked fine with Mac ENC. Keteau
Living aboard and loving it.

I confirm this misbehavior under Lion, and can send you crash logs if you need them. There doesn't seem to be much pattern to the crashes: one minute Mr.Tides is up and running just fine; the next second it suddenly crashes for no apparent reason. Sadness.

No problems noticed with Lion and Mr. Tides.
I typically open/use/close fairly quickly once or twice a week, and no crashes noted since being an early installer of Lion.

Mr. T looks as if it is going to GMT from BST on Mon. rather than Sun. Only "problem" I have had with Lion is that when I quit it reports a crash. Seen this on a few applications. Not a problem