• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Mr. Tides Release 15 is available
Mr. Tides R15 is now available.

I’ve fixed a bug with subordinate current stations where the slack times were computed incorrectly.

I’ve added a tinted section underneath the curve on the Month view to distinguish the tides better.

I’ve implemented a way to reset a saved station when the station’s name has been changed in the harmonics data files.

I’ve added many more U.S. subordinate current stations (about 2,000 of them). I took them off the NOAA website, but they are of dubious accuracy as NOAA is in the process of remeasuring all the current reference stations, and the subordinate stations depend on these updates. NOAA expects this job to be done in 20 years or so...

You can get the update from either the Check For Updates (cmd-U) menu in Mr. Tides 3, or from the website at http://web.mac.com/augusth/Tides3/Home.html

August

Great work as always! I'll be anxiously awaiting your update when NOAA completes their re-measurement process :wink:

Scot

We just finished the notorious Charleston, SC to St. Marys, GA stretch of the ICW. Mr. Tides made it so easy to look ahead and time the tides for mid to high tides at all the trouble spots. We cruised through with plenty of water and no problems.

Just wanted to say thanks for the great program.

Pete
s/y "Brilliant"
Moody 425
Anchored Cumberland Island, GA

Thanks! I appreciate your comments.

August

Hi August

Am a new mac Enc navigator and am very interested in Mr Tides . How is it for us ein Europe and UK waters?

I may also be looking at your new i phone tides suite.Will take delivery of i phone next week.

Is this for me in UK?

A

Northern Europe is covered pretty well but the UK and Ireland are still lacking due to UKHO copyright problems. I'm working on a new version of both Mr. Tides and AyeTides that will support the interpolated subordinate stations that the UK uses, so coverage will be better once this is done.

Southern Europe is somewhat sparse due to the lack of tide data, but I'm searching for tide gauge data that I can use to create the harmonics I need. I've recently come across a new source for this data, but it will take me some time to process it all.

I'm also working on making Google Earth KML files that will show the stations I do have, but this is going slowly due to a lack of time. When this is done I hope to put the files on the web and then you can just download a small starter file and have the others load as needed. At least, that's how I think I can do it - the file format for the KML file is somewhat difficult to figure out.

bump!
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

bump!
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

bump!
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

bump!
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

bump!
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

Bump to top.
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

Hello,
there are problems with the new version. The location pull downmenu freezes.
I went back to the previous version, which workes.

Problems have been fixed now. New version works fine.

Bump
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

Bump
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Release 11 available AugustH 5 5,629 September 26, 2007 10:00
Last Post: AugustH