• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: PassagePlus v1.5 now features AIS support
I'm pleased to announce the release of PassagePlus v1.5.0.

The main new feature is AIS support, an important safety feature enabling the tracking of ships, aids to navigation and other broadcasters of AIS data. This is particularly valuable for those who sail in busy waters.

There are also improvements to:
- the archived tracks feature,
- the artificial time feature,
- the handling of serial ports,
- the number of supported GPS devices.

And, of course. various bug fixes.

As ever, it can be downloaded via http://www.windvector.com/passageplus/downloads.html or using the Check for Updates function in PassagePlus.

Good sailing in 2008
Jon

Nice update Jon.
Thanks.

Did you get anywhere with the idea of offsetting the 'keep central' point according to the direction of travel?

All the best,
Ron

Haven't done it yet, but I do like the idea and will eventually get round to it!

Thanks for the feedback.
Jon

Ah yes.
There's a serious shortage of those around here too.
Round Tuits that is :wink:

Ron

Jon
I have been looking at Passage Plus and it is very nice. I do not, however, see how the Tides data gets involved. Does one have to load the date for each local Diamond or is there some source of this info that one can upload?
Regards
Bob

You have to key in the tidal diamond data yourself, using the table shown on the face of the chart. Unfortunately this data is not included as textual data in the chart files (it's just part of the raster image), so I cannot program the application to pick it up automatically. It's a bit tedious to do key it in, but you only have to do it once per chart because the data will be saved once you've done it. So for charts that you use often it's worth it.
Regards
Jon

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PassagePlus v1.4.3 released jfewtr 0 7,483 August 3, 2007 04:51
Last Post: jfewtr
  PassagePlus now supports NZMariner charts jfewtr 0 9,946 October 30, 2006 02:37
  PassagePlus 1.3 released jfewtr 0 5,017 September 3, 2006 11:30
  PassagePlus v1.1 released jfewtr 0 4,548 July 7, 2006 08:26
  PassagePlus v1.0 released jfewtr 3 5,555 June 20, 2006 13:46
Last Post: GPSNavX