• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: MacENC Last Upgrade
It seems like forever since the last upgrade. What is the current version?

Also, this forum appears to be nearly dead.

Hi Terry,

The last version for MacENC that I have seen is 8.75. It runs on macOS 10.13.4

However, it is a 32 bit application which may not run on 10.14 that Apple may release in a few months. I have asked if the developers plan to upgrade it to 64 bit but have not heard back from them.

!and yes, this site is dead

br,
Jon
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

As a follow up to my last message, Navionics charts are no longer available for MacENC (8.75) from Fugawi.

Also, raster charts can not be opened in MacENC (8.75) under macOS 10.14 (Mojave).
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

Further to Jon's point. MacENC is not compatible with Mojave. I have contacted MacENC support but unfortunately there has been no update so far.

(November 3, 2018 15:08)Jim Innes Wrote: Further to Jon's point. MacENC is not compatible with Mojave. I have contacted MacENC support but unfortunately there has been no update so far.

I updated to 10.14.1 a couple days ago, currently installed Navionics and NOAA ENCs are working fine so far, haven’t checked on the Fugawi issue.

Can confirm that my rasters are NOT working...

(November 3, 2018 15:23)bobetter Wrote:
(November 3, 2018 15:08)Jim Innes Wrote: Further to Jon's point. MacENC is not compatible with Mojave. I have contacted MacENC support but unfortunately there has been no update so far.

I updated to 10.14.1 a couple days ago, currently installed Navionics and NOAA ENCs are working fine so far, haven’t checked on the Fugawi issue.

Can confirm that my rasters are NOT working...

That's the issue I'm having bobetter. ENC's load but raster don't. Also MacENC won't work once Mojave is full 64 bit.

Just a reminder of how good MacENC is...

https://www.practical-sailor.com/issues/...068-1.html

I agree bobetter... I hope the developers update the program so that as Mac OS evolves MacENC will remain relevant.

To further complicate things, Fugawi recently announced it will no longer provide chart downloads and updates for all navigation applications beyond November 30, 2018. Your accounts on Fugawi.com will be closed December 31, 2019.
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

Anyone know why? Are they closing down shop? Or shifting gears to a different product offering?

(November 8, 2018 09:05)Jade Wrote: To further complicate things, Fugawi recently announced it will no longer provide chart downloads and updates for all navigation applications beyond November 30, 2018.  Your accounts on Fugawi.com will be closed December 31, 2019.

Hi Jon,

Agreed.

Not a problem for users of MacENC that use ENC charts from free download countries. Those users who's home countries (ie Canada that are stuck in '90's) will continue to make it either costly to keep charts up to date. Mute is MacENC doesn't run on 64 bit OS. IMO.

Cheers

From Jim at MacENC Support November 23, 2018

When asked "is progress being made on the compatibility  issue with Mojave..."

At this point I am hopeful that MacENC will receive the required update to make it compatible with Mojave and beyond.  If this actually occurs (still not confirmed) we will also take over chart provision from Fugawi who is getting out of the chart sales business.  Although there is nothing confirmed yet we should know for sure by the end of December and hopefully have the update at about that time.  I wish I could give you a solid confirmation.  I was told I would get word on this in a couple of weeks.

MacENC Support
Jim

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GPSNavX upgrade to MacENC Bruin 1 3,860 April 3, 2011 11:26
Last Post: antipole
  Ready to upgrade to MacENC Eclipsemullet 3 2,819 February 2, 2010 14:52
Last Post: Eclipsemullet