• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Add FR locations for Arcachon area?
I just downloaded your great software and I wonder if you can add the Cap-Ferret and Arcachon stations to your database?

Both are located in the middle of the coastline of the Bay of Biscay which is almost a blank zone on the map.

Cap Ferret is the tip of the cape outside the the Arcachon Bay. Inside the Arcachon Bay -- "Bassin d'Arcachon" -- there is the city of Arcachon where the tide is delayed compared to Cap Ferret because of the smallness of the entry way for the waters (the infamous "passes du Bassin d'Arcachon" that killed many a sailor).

You can find the data here (multilingual website) :

Cap-Ferret
http://maree.frbateaux.net/135?g=4

Arcachon
http://maree.frbateaux.net/136

Their data are taken from the official SHOM French government site:

http://www.shom.fr/ann_marees/cgi-bin/pr...=0&zone=11

The frbateaux.net people have developed a widget but not one as accurate and precise as your software (good for surfers and swimmers, less for sailors as it does not mention water heights, essential when you want to enter or exit the "passes")

Thanks in advance for what you can do in that respect,

FMN

I'm working on updating the code for Mr. Tides, and as part of that I'll be updating the harmonics files to include many more stations, including Arcachon and Cap Ferret, as well as many other French stations.

I'm going to try to add in a station editor (that's a quite popular demand) and maybe a way to transfer user-created stations to AyeTides as well. Not sure on this one, but seems like it could work...

Right now I'm targeting OS 10.5 as the minimum version, as that OS introduced a lot of nice programming features that I'd like to take advantage of. Alas, this would leave 10.4 users behind, but since we're currently up to 10.6 (which I don't want to set as the minimum, as that locks out all the old PPC computers) I can see moving up to 10.5 - that's still one generation back but still very usable.

August

As MacENC and GPSNavX support OS X 10.4, I would hope Mr. Tides would also.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

GPSNavX Wrote:As MacENC and GPSNavX support OS X 10.4, I would hope Mr. Tides would also.

I agree. I still keep an ibook for backup and as I understand it, it will not run 10.5

Scot

Pity, 10.5 has some *very* nice features that I was thinking of adding to Mr. Tides. Plus some of the underlying frameworks that I call have some nice programming shortcuts that would make my job a lot easier. Sigh. I'll have to think about this more.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent locations antipole 3 13,256 August 24, 2017 03:49
Last Post: Jade
  adding uk locations guybeckett 12 11,196 October 16, 2008 18:01
Last Post: AugustH