• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: GPSNavX and Mr. Tides integration
The next release of GPSNavX will support [control] [clicking] anywhere on the chart. Select "Mr. Tides" from the context menu. Mr. Tides will then be launched and open to the nearest station.

Screenshot
[Image: screentides.jpg]
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Nice one.

Do any of the PC-based applications show 'tidal streams'? I seem to remember reading about one that did.

--Andy

There are several PC application that do show tidal streams. MaxSea is one of them. the upcoming professional navigational application from Stentec (Netherlands) will have tidal streams too.

excellent! Can't wait to try it!

I also suggested to August Hahn of Mr Tides that a Tidal Widget for Tiger would be really cool...

I also suggested to August Hahn of Mr Tides that a Tidal Widget for Tiger would be really cool...

So did I!

--Andy

Great minds, mate ;-)

Downloaded and tested the updated GPSNavX with Mr. Tides Integration over the weekend. Thank you for continuing to update this already fine program. It is one of the best values in navigation software on any platform.

Best regards,

Mark

When one selects "Mr. Tides" on the GPSNavX context menu, the Mr. Tides application will look for a station that is within 50 miles of where the user clicked. This distance can be changed by launching Mr. Tides and selecting "Find Stations > By Distance From..." on the "Maps" menu and entering a new value. Press "Cancel" or "Open" to save this setting.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  B&G or Raymarine integration. r.brake 3 3,925 April 15, 2017 15:53
Last Post: Jade
  Google Earth integration GPSNavX 17 7,137 April 6, 2007 00:17
Last Post: GPSNavX