• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Using INavX with MacENC
I've been trying to use iNavX on my iPad as a chart plotter at the helm via an ad-hoc network with my MacBook Pro running Lion and MacEnc down at the Nav Station in the cabin. I've followed all of the procedures under your "Using InavX with MacEnc" (many times).

In MacEnc, I have the TCP/IP NMEA Data setup & showing the green client status indicator.

In iNavX Preferences, it is setup with the correct host from MacEnc and the NMEA Data is scrolling in the lower window.

My problem is when I select a route on MacEnc, the route dosen't appear on the inavX screen at the helm.

On the MacEnc TCP/IP screen, it is checked "Enable" with GPS, Instruments, AIS/RADAR boxes checked.

The Host # is 169.254.55.245 whereas the host in your example shows 10.0.1.2 Should I change the host to this latter #?

I've spent days & hours trying to get a route to transfer to the iPad. What am I doing wrong?

It seems that one time, I re-started from scratch and the route that was presently showing in MacEnc actually did show up on the iPad, but I can't seem to duplicate this with other routes.

Any help with this - Most Appreciated !!! As this is driving me to DRINK!!!
Francis
French localizer
Website (French)
Weblog (English)

See if this helps..

http://www.macsailing.net/fbb/showtopic.php?tid/1374/
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA