• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Windows? Are you mad?
This is MacSailing.net and the only thing we love more than Apple Macs and iPhones, are Apple Macs and iPhones ON BOATS!

However, there are some rather interesting products out there in the Windows world, and with the advent of Apple's Bootcamp, as well as virtualisation platforms such as Parallels, VMWare and the excellent if under-appreciated Crossover Office, we enlightened Mac OS users can have the best of both worlds.

To this end I'm taking the slightly controversial step of creating this forum. Please note that this is not a PC vs Mac boxing ring (Mac's are better, and if you don't believe that then go and find a Windows forum to cry to. ;-) ) This is here to support and assist Mac users getting Windows software running.
Never knowingly overcanvassed!

Well, then, since you asked...

I've been a happy Fusion/Parallels user for some time, running XP primarily so I could run Sailmail. However, recently I tried to upgrade to Win7 and now both Fusion and Parallels run slower than the old VirtualPC. I've tried the tricks I found in other forums, including running on an external drive and trying both 32 and 64bit, with only minimal improvement. I'm wondering if my barely 1 1/2 year old MacBook, with 2gb of ram, is simply inadequate. Any hints?

Scot

Opps - should have put this as a new discussion; sorry.