MacSailing.net

Full Version: GPSNavX Freezes / Crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if anyone else has had this trouble and if a solution was found. Thanks all!

The GPSNavX app crashes once there has been some type of break in continuity of the app receiving NEMA data from the GPS. For instance closing the app and then reopening, the computer going to sleep, etc. I do have the GPS connected prior to opening the app.

The computer becomes unresponsive and I have to force quit GPSNavX. Even with force quitting the app which takes an inordinate amount of time to close, the computer requires a reboot. After attempting to shut down the computer, it has taken over an hour to finally shut down.

GPSNavX app version 6.0.7 MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013) OS El Capitan version 10.11.6. I'm primarily using a USGlobalSat BU 353S4 which has the most recent USB serial port driver which tests successfully using the USGlobalSat GPS Utility. Charts are .kap and .bsb raster from the NOAA web site.

Thanks again