MacSailing.net

Full Version: Tabbed Interface
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an Intel iMac running MacENC attached to a Xenarc touchscreen. The screen is only 10" so real estate is tight. I'd like to see different windows be assigned to tabs. This would allow the map screen in one tab, the nav in another etc. Anyone else?

Patrick
You know, something like this would be useful. Even on my 13" Macbook territory is tight, and my one frustration cruising last summer was even if I minimized the navigation window it was always popping back up, usually right on top of what I wanted to see. Whether its tabs or the ability to minimize the various panels to icons along the edge of the screen and have them stay minimized until needed, something to help keep the map window clear would be helpful.

Scot
That is a good idea. My solution was to edit the main menu bar so it read:

MacENC File Edit View Wpts Rts Tx GPS Inst AIS Wx Win ?

instead of:

MacENC FIle Edit View Waypoints Routes Tracke GPS Instruments AIS/RADAR Weather Windows Help

However, I can't seem to do that anymore with the current version of Xcode.
Carina37 Wrote:I have an Intel iMac running MacENC attached to a Xenarc touchscreen. The screen is only 10" so real estate is tight. I'd like to see different windows be assigned to tabs. This would allow the map screen in one tab, the nav in another etc. Anyone else?

Patrick

I have been using a 15" touchscreen with my mac mini now for two years and it works like a charm. If only my fingers were half as thick it would be even better, especially when traveling through crowded waters or at rocky seas.

A great sollution would be to have larger buttons with the actions you want (keystroke shortcuts) as an applescript overlaying GPSNavX or MacENC. Does anybody have any experience with this?

Maybe it could even be done with a programm like quickkeys.
I've been planning to look into it for some time now, but unfortunately haven't got around to it.
In my opinion that would also work great on smaller touchscreens, maybe at the bottom of the screen or as a transparent overlay.