MacSailing.net

Full Version: Thanks Admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since MacENC upgrades have been slow (non-existent) I have started using OpenCPN which is true 64 bit. Anyone else using OpenCPN...comments?
I started using OpenCPN last summer. It crashed at least once a day.

Other than crashing, my other issue was the availability of vector charts for British Columbia, Canada. I had raster charts purchased through Fugawi.

I prefered using MacENC and Navionics charts for most of my navigation in British Columbia.
(January 17, 2019 11:05)Etapa Wrote: [ -> ]I started using OpenCPN last summer. It crashed at least once a day.

Other than crashing, my other issue was the availability of vector charts for British Columbia, Canada. I had raster charts purchased through Fugawi.

I prefered using MacENC and Navionics charts for most of my navigation in British Columbia.

I've been using it on my MacBook Pro... works fine. I have the CMap CM93January2011 that I'm using on OpenCPN I can post a link for download if you wish.
Yes please, post the link to CMap CM93January2011.
Private message sent.
Float thread to top.
I started using OpenCPN this year. It takes a bit to get used to, but works well once you're familiar with it. I used it on a two week ocean crossing this year and it worked fine.