• Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: NV charts - no out zoom
Just loaded 3 NV chart sets
Virgins/Leewards/Wndwards

The + and - buttons are missing.
I can go in, larger scale by clicking on chart and selecting larger scale chart.
But I see no way to zoom out o smaller scale chars without going to CHARTS and picking a small scale chart.
I don't have this issue on other han NV charts.

Hi Hpeer,

From the iNavX Guide:
Quote:– "+” and "-” – Use the + and – buttons to display a menu of the next Chart in the series, or a larger (more detail) or smaller (less detail) Chart. Note: not all Charts have the ability to change scale

My guess is that your nv Charts are raster (BSB) rather than vector (ENC) format and do not support scaling.

What happens when you pinch/pull the chart with your fingers?
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

"Zoom" is the wrong word.

I CAN go from a small scale chart to a large scale chart.
I can NOT go the other way.

For instance there is a chart of Granada. There are detail charts of some areas. Once I switch from the small scale (all of Granada) chart to a particular detail (large scale) chart there is. I way to go back to the full Granada chart without going to "charts" and selecting it.

Occurs on both iPhone 6 and my old iPad.

Then I would say that the large scale detailed regions do not support scaling. Are they BSB raster charts?

Quote:!Note: not all Charts have the ability to change scale
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

Somehow I think we are miss communicating.

They appear to be faster charts.

I'm not talking about scaling on a particular chart.

I'm talking about switching between charts of different scales.

Switching to another RASTER chart is the only way you can change the scale. A RASTER chart is like a photocopy of a paper chart at a fixed scale. The only way to display a smaller or larger scale is to load another chart file. The problem is that some RASTER chart files do not have the links embedded in them needed to choose the related RASTER chart file.

That is why I have been asking you if these are RASTER charts.
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

So you are trying to say that the NV Charts do not support the same switching between different scale charts as is found in NOAA, CHS, and Explorer charts?

The main difference—as far as scaling goes—is between ENC (vector) and RNC (raster) charts. Not all RNC's support switching to different scales.

NOAA produces ENC (vector) charts and has discontinued RNC (raster) paper charts. CHS makes mainly RNC (raster) charts and ENC (vector) charts for commercial use. I don't know about Explorer charts.

ENC vs. RNC
— —•••  •••— —
 Jon Longworth

Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  zoom out outstripp 0 2,041 April 18, 2010 04:58
Last Post: outstripp