• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Navionics want me to pay twice
I have Navionics on both my iphone and my ipad. I had to purchase it again when I upgraded my iphone from a 3gs to a 4, ok, I accepted that. Then I had a problem with the ipad version crashing, so I wrote to Navionics a few days ago and they suggested I delete the app, download it again and re-install. Their email also said I would not be charged for the app again, so i did as suggested, then I find out that I was charged for the app. Navionics have upgraded the app to allow wireless connection between Raymarine and either the ipad or iphone if you use a newer E series which I do not have. The second upgrade is that you don't download the full map set, just what you want in smaller segments. Now that's a hassle, but the big issue is that they changed the name, same app and they want us to buy it again instead of their stated free upgrades for life....
I am going to connect Apple since I thing this is a scam. So I guess it a case that any app supplier that stated "Free upgrades" can change the name, delete the old version from itunes and expect one to buy again for a upgrade that fixes bugs.
Baz

Yes I have seen many similar complaints on the Navionics Facebook Page.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

In the same way ...