• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: New to iNavX
Hi... I just downloaded iNavX to my iPhone and the first time I tried to get the charts San Diego to Aleutian Islands and Hawaiian Islands , I got "Unable to Download ... (timed out). The World Chart downloaded just fine.

Help anyone?

Yes please use a WiFi connection on your iPhone. This is a known problem (AT&T Aware) with AT&T 3G connection in some areas. it is impacting all NOAA sites.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Thanks... It worked like a charm. I believe it should store this chart when I am out of WiFi range. Thanks again.

Yes once charts are downloaded they are stored on your iPhone or iPad and can be updated at your discretion.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Another newby question... Can I overlay the GRIB weather forcast over my charts or is it just in written form?

I see... I just read the guide... Thanks again for being there.

Glad you found the answer in the "Guide". Yes iNavX does allow GRIB forecasts to be plotted right on the chart.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Is there a step by step somewhere for how to do that... ?

Sure.

1) Enter your X-Traverse account information in "iNavX" "Setup" "X-Traverse Account"

2) Open a small scale chart (i.e. covers larger area). Like 18020_1

3) Select "Forecast" tab

4) Select "Request GRIB"

5) Select the type

6) In about a minute select "Import GRIB"

7) Choose the GRIB

8) The GRIB will now list under "GRIBs"

9) Select it, then select the forecast date/time you want to see

10) The GRIB will plot on the chart, you may need to zoom out to see. You can advance or rewind the date/time right on the chart with the < and > buttons

http://www.inavx.com/images/screenshots/...rtgrib.png

As a side note recommend you log on to your x-traverse account at www.x-traverse.com and select "Settings" then select "Enable GRIB Notification". This way when the GRIB is ready to download you will receive an email.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Perfect! Thanks again sooooo much.

Ok... I am probably bugging you now... When I request a GRIB, I get the message "Warning, Unable to Request GRIB"

I have my x-traverse account (for one year $10). It shows up when I go into setup and X-Traverse Account. Everything is fine until I get to Request GRIB. Then I get that message above.

Sorry to be such a pain.

In the iNavX X-Traverse Account Setup make sure you can "Show Account Information". If you cannot this is most likely caused by an invalid email or password entered. If this is not the issue then email us directly at inavx at me dot com and I will get it sorted out on the X-Traverse end.

Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Run that email address by me again please. I don't understand it.

OK... I got it.

Excellent.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA