• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: CYC-Chartkit
I just bought the 2008 Chartkit for the Northwest Bahamas, brought it home to register the charts and install them as usual and the register program doesn't recognize the CD. What has changed since CYC bought out Maptech? Can I use this CD or should I return it and look for another option for Bahamas charts?

Christine
Hugh Browton

Mac user since 1985, sailor forever, owner since spring 2006

Are they BSB 4 charts? Such as these..

Maptech Bahamas

Or

Maptech Chartkits with Companion CDs
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

I can't tell what format they are, but it is this product:
http://www.nv-verlag.de/cyc/elektronisch...reg_91.htm

In case the link doesn't work, you can find the Bahamas one at www.cyc-charts.com and clicking on the map for the region.

Christine
Hugh Browton

About a year ago NV-Verlag moved away from the Maptech BSB 4 format to their own proprietary format (not sure why). I have been in with communication with them on supporting this new format, but progress so far has been slow.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Thanks for the info. I'll see if they will let me return it. They know me. Hopefully, then, I can find either an older version somewhere or else I'll just buy the CD alone which is still available on the old Maptech site. The old Maptech Chartkit for this region is not available on their site. This means that any of the new 2008 Chartkits now will probably have these new version CDs. I hope you can come to an agreement with them in the future.

Thanks for your help, and thanks for a great product. I just upgraded to Mac ENC and I love it.

Christine
Hugh Browton