• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: iNavX 1.0.2 is now available
Apple has approved iNavX 1.0.2 and it should show up shortly as an update in the app store.

The changes include -

Charts can be zoomed from 5% to 100%.

When a waypoint is active a green or red triangle will display in the Instruments compass indicating which way to turn to bring XTE (Cross Track Error) to zero. No triangles are shown when XTE is less than 0.01 nautical miles.

Position format D*M'S" added. Example: 44º12'16.8"N .

Auto opening of charts. If "Pos. Icon Kept Visible" is enabled in the Chart "Settings" AND If the chart displayed has your position on it, then your position goes off the displayed chart, the largest scale chart with your position will automatically be opened.

"Position" button on the "Waypoint" view will update the latitude and longitude to the current position.

iNavX will continue to be frequently improved based on the valuable feedback users provide.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

I should also mention AIS targets (via NMEA WiFi) are also plotted on the chart.

Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Some screen shots..

AIS Targets plotted on iNavX chart

AIS Target Info
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

For zooming, I recommend single-tapping the zoom slider as opposed to dragging it.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

BTW soon there will be two big news items about iNavX in regards to international charts and GPS connectivity. Stay tuned to this forum for more details.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Hello Rich

I'm pleased to hear about the forthcoming versions of iNavX.

As I still have version 1 of the iPhone (no GPS), can one use iNavX as WiFi client for all infos coming from GPSNavX/MacENC? Are the GPS data from GPSNavX transferred via WiFi like AIS data?

Regards,

Manou

GPSNavX does not support NMEA data over WiFi, only MacENC does.

MacENC transmits all NMEA data it receives..

MacENC TCP/IP

Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

tooting my own horn, but I see iNavX made it on the first page of "Staff Favorites" in the Apple iPhone app store today.

Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Well done Rich!
puppy training

I'm glad to hear that world wide charts may soon be available. I have GPS NavX with quite a few international charts. Is there any way to import these charts into iNavX? or is there any plan to add this feature?

Great work, by the way.

Is the application still in the Apple iPhone app store? I didn't find it today. Any hints would be appreciated.

- ralph

The link to iNavX in the iTunes store can be found here..

http://www.inavx.net/

Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Ok, I see it's only available for United States and Canada only. Since I'm located in Austria, I'd have to look for another solution.