• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: More Charts for GPSNavX and MacENC
CHS and NV-Verlag marine charts now available for purchase, activation and download for use in GPSNavX 6.20 and MacENC 5.30. iNavX 2.0.2 (available shortly) will also support these new charts. Use the X-Traverse downloader ..

http://www.inavx.net/xtraverse.html

More charts coming soon!
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

I should note, contrary to what the x-traverse website currently states (I have been told this will be changed), once downloaded the charts do not expire or are any other way prevented from working with GPSNavX, MacENC or iNavX indefinitely.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Hello

if I do buy charts via X-Traverse using iNavX can I download the same charts via X-Traverse for use with MacENC/GPSNavX or do I have to buy them twice?

Thx.

Regards,
Manou

One purchase and you can use the same NV, CHS, Solteknik, TRAK charts in all three apps.

Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Thx that's what I wanted to hear :-)

Will Navionics Charts be available for MacENC/ GPSNavX like on iNavX?

I don't think Navionics will offer a similar pricing arrangement (i.e. use the charts on multiple platforms for one price) as they see Mobile and PC/Dedicated chart plotting (chart cartridges) as two very distinct markets. If you compare pricing you will see Mobile is a lower price then the equivalent Gold XL cartridge.

As far as supporting the Navionics Cartridges in MacENC, that is just a matter of Navionics providing an enhanced driver for Mac OS X. They have provided no timeline when they might do that.

Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

With the NV. Verlag charts:

Optional Bonus: Paper and Digital Chart Kit
When you order NV.Digital charts from Fugawi X-Traverse for internet download, you have the choice of also receiving the charts as a Paper/Digital companion for only the added cost of shipping and handling.

The paper charts are presented in a handy, user friendly size (23½'' x 16 ½''). A thick plastic envelope protects the charts, enabling them to be easily stored.Each kit includes the printed paper maps, a harbours and anchorage pilot book, and a companion CD containing the electronic (BSB/EAP) version of the charts.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Clarification on this - with CHS, NV.Digital, or Swedish Marine charts, you get two activations with one purchase, so you can install on two devices only, not three. Fugawi Marine ENC software for PC is considered a device, so is Fugawi Global Navigator, MacENC, GPSNavX or iNavX.

Navionics charts from x-traverse.com are the exception to the rule which will only work in iNavX and you only get one activation.

Where can I get charts for the Indian ocean area?

Some new N.V. Verlag and Hilton's fishing charts have been added to X-Traverse ..

http://www.inavx.com/xtraverse.html

These charts will work with both GPSNavX/MacENC and iNavX. The N.V. Verlag also include printed copies.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GPSNavX upgrade to MacENC Bruin 1 4,203 April 3, 2011 11:26
Last Post: antipole
  GPSNavX v MacENC YOLO 3 3,783 March 21, 2010 07:35
Last Post: GPSNavX
  Report of my GPSNavX/MacENC presentation cyberhusky 9 7,618 April 1, 2009 15:15
Last Post: cyberhusky
  TOPO Maps for MacENC and GPSNavX GPSNavX 5 5,122 March 29, 2009 16:06
  charts for gpsnavX DUENDE 1 2,809 March 10, 2008 08:40