• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Not showing details below !:150000
Hi, just a question if this is a software or map problem? Found that a small part on my ENC chart purchased from Mapworld don´t show details below 1:150.000 scale...this is just a small area south of Barcelona in the Spanish east cost.

Have reinstalled the maps, but the problem still exist.

Using MacENC Version 7.20 (7.20)

Attaching screen pic.

Thanks for any comments.

Try moving the detail slider over to the right on the MacENC toolbar. This will allow you to see Harbor detail (if it exists) while still at an Approach scale.

MacENC only displays the cells (charts) which are the same or smaller scale of the selected zoom scale. So if you want to see more detail (if it exists) sliding the detail slider to the right will expose it. The downside is you may see excessive clutter.

Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

BTW you should be using MacENC 7.30 as it is the latest. Email us for a download link.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Thank youSmile ..already got the link, and installed 7.30 ... the problem still exist.

Attaching a new screen pic, showing the blue area which missing...also when zooming, scrolling and moving the detail slide.

Might be a map issue?? ...everything else works greatSmile

...also removed and reinstalled the chart catalog over version 7.30

....seems like the chart does not load??

Ha! Welcome to my world. This is an ordinary thing for ENCs over large areas of Alaska. There is no data for that section. I see this for several reasons. In some cases the area has never been surveyed. In other cases it appears that the ENC was released before all of the survey data were added. I seriously doubt that your area has never been surveyed. Since ENCS have the advantage of being easily updated there is a very good chance that the remaining data will be added soon. US ENCs are free so I download a new set periodically and I've seen many of the problem areas fixed. Your chart could be updated in a week, or never, depending on the agency responsible for it.
Edmund

Depending on the whims of the US Congress, the funding of the conversion to ENC flows and ebbs, but in general NOAA is slowly moving all the RNC data to ENC format. So in general it is good to get a fresh download of the ENC charts from NOAA every month or so. Until the conversion is complete, NOAA RNCs can be used to supplement the NOAA ENCs.

Chartworld does offer updates of their international ENCs during the subscription interval and customers are notified via email of updates that can be downloaded.

Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Hi again, just got a conclusion from ChartWorld:

"It seems that your software does not display some cells."

After some mail, deleting all charts, downloaded and installed latest version....any idea??

MacENC displays cells (charts) that match the selected zoom scale. Every object and every cell has a minimum scale. This means the user selected zoom scale must be greater or equal to the scale of the cell (and objects it contains) in order to be displayed. MacENC does offer an override of this. A detail slider on the MacENC toolbar will show one more level of detail. For example an "Approach" zoom scale can be selected and the slider moved right to see "Harbor" details. The downside of this is the potential for clutter.

The scale of every cell can be seen in the MacENC Chart Manager. Furthermore a cell can be selected in the MacENC Chart Manager, then select "Scroll To" to display the cell.

If you can provide the specific name (as shown in the MacENC chart manager) of a cell that does not display please let me know and I will verify.

Do keep in mind you must have the Permits for ChartWorld cells. Based on your posts I do not believe this is your problem as the cell does display at its correct zoom scale.

Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Problem solved!

Thank you very much for excellent supportSmile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENC charts and land details cyberhusky 5 3,392 April 19, 2007 14:02
Last Post: cyberhusky