• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: feature requests
love this program; used it with the AIS all the way down the coast and looking forward to using it during the puddle jump

a few suggestions:
1) would it be possible to add an option for choosing the time period over which to average the direction that the position vector points? I like being able to change the length, but in a sailboat at 5 knots the direction of the vector bounces around so much as to be of limited usefulness. For that matter, it would be wonderful to be able to choose the averaging time for the heading that is shown as well, so that one doesn't have to do some quick and imprecise mental averaging while watching the numbers bounce around.

-Frequently when I zoom in or out the raster chart display turns itself off and needs to be turned back on. Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but this seems like a little bug, yes?

MacENC/gpsnavx is the only charting option for mac, and yet the software is maintained as if competition was driving it towards constant improvements, and I respect that--thanks for the program!

matt holmes
syzygy valiant 40 #201
www.syzygysailing.com

The COG and HDG are averaged using the last 4 values. The SOG is not.

Make sure you are using MacENC 7.30 and the raster chart issue should be fixed.

There are several other Mac OS native marine nav apps out there:

- Passage Plus
- Navimaq
- Polar Navy
- MacGPSPro
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  User Feature Requests Night_Sailor 4 3,380 November 16, 2015 04:34