• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: VHF w/ DSC and MacENC
Hi, I have a new Raymarine VHF radio with DSC. Does MacENC support position requests from other DSC stations?

Hi, Let me clarify my request. The Raymarine VHF radio has a NMEA output. If I send a position request to another DSC station, their position information will be sent out on the NMEA output. Can MacENC plot this position on the chart?
Thanks in advance.

MacENC does not have any support for DSC. That being said the Brookhouse iMux will convert DSC alerts into a $GPWPL NMEA sentence which will have MacENC or iNavX create a waypoint at the location of the alert.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Any chance to add DSC capability?
I have the Miltech AIS to USB device, a Sea Talk to NMEA converter, and a Keyspan 4-port serial to USB adapter with a free port.
Also I think I need to use a dedicated serial port to upload routes from MacENC to my Garmin GPS, so I am not inclined to to buy the iMux right now. My main plotter is the MacBook Pro.
Thanks in advance.

Question still there :-)

DSC and MOB - really needed function and for MacENC and for iNavx!

I have a Standard Horizon GX2100 feeding both AIS and NMEA 183 data to MacENC through a Brookhouse NMEA mux. Everything works fine with the exception that I do not see a waypoint in MacENC when I do a DSC position request. I know the NMEA sentence is sent since I see the waypoint on my Simrad chart plotter which is also fed from the mux. Do I need to configure something in MacENC or the mux to make this work?