• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Feedback
Here are some minor problems I'm experiencing with iNavX:

1) With NMEA over IP and MacENC configured (check boxes for GPS, AIS, Instruments, ticked on) I am only receiving water temperature and depth for instruments and no AIS information. I would like to receive wind data as well (I have a wind transducer and it displays in MacENC fine). I checked the setup for instruments and all the fields I want to see are turned on. For AIS, vessels on the same MacENC chart as what is on iNavX do not display (no vessels at all display). I receive all GPS and waypoint information flawlessly. Ticking "Processed" on/off has no effect.

2) This one is hard to explain. With the boat at the dock and the normal GPS COG jumping around and with Pos. Icon Kept Visible ticked on, the chart continuously moves around making it difficult to look at and is processor intensive. It is as if the chart wants to position itself so the position icon is just off center giving more chart real estate to the forward end of the position icon. When the boat is moving on a straight and steady course this is less of an issue but in light air and choppy conditions I can see this happening on the water. Can a threshold be built into iNavX that prevents the chart from bouncing around like described?

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by - August 4, 2008 10:31
[No subject] - by - August 4, 2008 11:31
[No subject] - by - August 4, 2008 11:55
[No subject] - by - August 4, 2008 12:54
[No subject] - by - August 7, 2008 11:57
[No subject] - by - August 10, 2008 14:01
[No subject] - by - August 10, 2008 18:24
[No subject] - by - August 11, 2008 07:25
[No subject] - by - August 11, 2008 09:56
[No subject] - by - August 13, 2008 04:44