• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Long Range-High Speed Marine WiFi
Long Range-High Speed Marine WiFi As a Mac developer from nearly Mac day one and life long boater, I thought I would join a sailing forum, actually 2. It was a pretty ugly experience. I am not sure, but I think they were all die hard WINDOWS users with that common mentality I think we all know quite well and I will not bother saying anything more on that other than, "I unsubscribed" after a lot of abusive treatment due to my open discussions on all things technical, hardware and software. I am deeply involved (for years now) with long range WiFi and WiMAX equipment development for marine applications and I found and do continue find, there is a lot of seriously bad and mis-information AND outright lies out there in the real world on this subject and that people are down right starving for straight talk on hardware, software, RF, WiFi, WiMAX and, range, data rates, a simple education on AP/Gateways and the different systems, log-ins, code systems, gear and the such and wondered if anyone may have an interest?? I have a lot of knowledge on that subject matter due to my involvement in it and thought this may be a better place for such discussions and a good place to seek shared knowledge on MacENC and GPSNavX, which I need to learn A LOT more about. I have the software, but although a techy/prop head in other fields, I am a paper chart, pencil, dividers, parallel rules guys - old school navigator and need to use it more (MacENC and GPSNavX) and definitely learn a lot more. Anyway, thought I would see who is around here in the world of sailors with Mac's. I am guessing, it is a different experience and certainly hope so. AND, can anyone tell me how to put my vessel pict on my profile? She's much better looking than I, so . . . . . . Safe sail all, JANDY clear PS: I am also working on SAT WX receivers and Quadrafilar antennas to work with WXtoIMG reading GRIB files, wondering if anyone looks at that app or has interest in the subject and Celestia too. Time to dust off the old sextant I guess . . . . cast off

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by - January 25, 2011 22:47
[No subject] - by - January 28, 2011 18:56
[No subject] - by - February 4, 2011 12:18
[No subject] - by - February 7, 2011 07:28
[No subject] - by - February 8, 2011 08:07
[No subject] - by - February 8, 2011 13:04
[No subject] - by - February 8, 2011 13:41
[No subject] - by - February 11, 2011 05:15
[No subject] - by - March 29, 2011 05:03
[No subject] - by - March 29, 2011 21:47
[No subject] - by - March 29, 2011 21:50
[No subject] - by - March 29, 2011 23:32
[No subject] - by - April 10, 2011 21:04
[No subject] - by - May 14, 2011 12:35
[No subject] - by - February 16, 2012 08:41
[No subject] - by - May 29, 2012 20:34
[No subject] - by iaanhayden - April 19, 2013 05:15

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long review of iPhone an eye opener adjuvantjfoster 0 2,123 September 24, 2007 08:45
Last Post: adjuvantjfoster