• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: No [new] cells found in selected catalog
I am a new to MacENC.
"MacENC quick start guide" was seen, and "- All Available ENCs" was downloaded from the site of NOAA. It is displayed when Catalog.031 is opened with Chart Manager after unzip is done, "No new cells found in selected catalog", and is not displayed the chart. Might you need it something?

I am using version 5.10 of MacENC. The file of ENC of NOAA divides into the folder and is preserved. Cannot MacENC open the ENC file that divides into the folder?Should I correct Catalog.31 by the editor?

The problem is occurring because the user is running a Mac OS X in the localized Japanese language. OS X in the Japanese localization does not properly handle the "\" character that is part of the file path names in the MS-Windows zip file NOAA creates with the ENC Catalog ZIP file.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Thank you for the reply.
I thought that it was my special problem because there was no answer
though it heard by "Mac Sailing Forum".

It was understood that localize was a cause.
Because the understanding of how to treat Unicode of Mac OS X are necessary for the solution,
I decided to change from a Japanese environment to English-language environments and to use MacENC.

*Wikipedia Unicode
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode#Map...acter_sets

Regards

Quote:> The problem is occurring because the user is running a Mac OS X in the localized Japanese language. OS X in the Japanese localization does not properly handle the "\" character that is part of the file path names in the MS-Windows zip file NOAA creates with the ENC Catalog ZIP file.

I'm not sure anything can be done at Apple. The \ character is fairly integral to the Unicode system on Mac OS X. My recommendation is for the user (and anyone else who cares) to submit an email to feedback@apple.com. More user submissions will raise it as an issue, and workarounds might happen.

This problem was solved.
"0x00A5" in the CATALOG.031 file was substituted for "0x005C". When CATALOG.031 was overwrited, and it opened with MacENC, it was possible to open safely. This is a problem on Mac OS X at Japanese and environment. I am sorry in a local topic. I want to recommend MacENC to the user in Japan by this very much. Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MacENC charts catalog michelb 0 1,988 March 22, 2009 02:23
Last Post: michelb
  NOAA ENC Chart Catalog Organization gjprigge 1 2,607 May 6, 2006 20:38
Last Post: GPSNavX