• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: chart me a course...!
right then, given up on every option as far as parallels/windoze type setups go and am going straight for the MacENC solution

so, need to source some charts. I like vector charts!

just bought an new toy (50' herring drifter!) and will be collecting it next month and bringing it home - north east scotland back to the tyne. I've got a chart plotter already, with a c-map mega wide cartridge in it, bit am going to stick a 14" tft and either a mac mini or a cube(!) on board as something nicer to look at

having googled about, trying to find an answer I'm happy with has been a bit of a pain. Maptech is one option, but I like vectors. I've seen that I can buy the c-map megawide on cd now, but not sure if that will work with 'navX or 'ENC (or will it??)

I've got copies of CM93 charts already, but I guess thats a none starter as well

navionics, well thats some cartridge madness, so not going there

admiralty vector charts sound like a solution, but... trying to work out how much they'll cost from the UKHO site, or a retailer, and finding out exactly what I'll get for my money is a struggle

or do I really need to just stop worrying and buy the maptech charts?? (anyone know a good uk source??)

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by - March 20, 2008 10:26
[No subject] - by - March 20, 2008 10:43
[No subject] - by - March 20, 2008 10:56
[No subject] - by - March 20, 2008 10:58
[No subject] - by - March 20, 2008 11:02
[No subject] - by - March 20, 2008 11:24