• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Mac OSX Lion and MacENC
Hello,
does anybody know whether MacENC will run under the new OSX and whether a appropriate driver for BU-353 will be available?

Arwed

No reason to believe MacENC or the current Prolific driver will not work with OS X 10.7
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

hmm... just upgraded to Lion and MacENC won't work any longer. Thinking of downgrading to Snow Leopard again unless anybody has a a great idea...

What specific with MacENC is not working for you? Contact macenc at mac dot com with specifics.
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

The program itself starts fine and will display charts but doesn't recognize the GPS (BU-353) and the AIS any longer. I usually got a message when connecting the GPS about a new network interface (which I would disregard), that has disappeared now. I guess that's what it is related to.

Most likely you just need to re-install the appropriate Mac OS X drivers. Quit MacENC unplug the GPS and AIS receiver from the Mac USB port. Install the requisite Prolific and FTDI drivers linked here (actually go through the setup screens) ..

http://www.gpsnavx.com/MacENC/help/connectinggps.htm

Restart Mac
Plug GPS and AIS into Mac USB port (ignore and cancel any network preference dialogs).
Select the ports (usbserial and usbserialXXX) in the respective GPS and AIS panel Settings drawer.

Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Worked again perfectly after re-installing the drivers! Thanks for the advice!
Paul

In the future you will get more prompt technical support for MaceNC by emailing macenc at mac dot com
Scott Dillon
Sydney Australia
North Shore 38
CYCA

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mountain Lion and GPs Drivers aguenther 11 8,902 December 5, 2013 02:21
Last Post: FF44
  Mountain Lion and MacENC schleusenmeister 2 3,609 September 21, 2012 16:00
Last Post: vov