• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Mac Book Pro - Beneteau 50. Ideal solutions.
Hi Guys,

Apologies as I'm new to this forum and if what I'm asking has been asked before my bad. I'm helping some friends to do a yacht delivery next weekend and as i'm probably the most computer savvy of the group they've asked me to look into how the trip could be aided through the use of a laptop. Mine is a mac book pro and i'm happy to take it along. Unfortunately, I haven't sailed any bigger than my windsurfing kit in four years and clearly a lot has happened since then. The current set up on the boat as far as i know is as follows:

Raymarine ST60 Tridata, wind, RL70c radar, ST6001 autopilot with remote, and a RL70c bhartplotter at the chart table. ICS Nav 6 Navtex at the chart table.

So what i'm asking is basically, what should i be looking at purchasing and installing to make the best use of the mac book pro for a 4 day yacht delivery from england to the south of france, given the kit that's on the boat already.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best solutions for Newport-Caribbean leecarlson 2 11,678 November 7, 2012 21:01
Last Post: georgelewisray
  LOG BOOK lldoza 0 1,865 December 26, 2006 12:08
Last Post: lldoza
  Now this would be the ideal navigation device!!! cyberhusky 0 1,793 September 7, 2006 14:05
Last Post: cyberhusky
  I-Book Car Adaptor Voltage RBJ 8 3,921 April 1, 2006 16:17
Last Post: bobetter