• Welcome to MacSailing.net!
  • Dedicated to sailing!
  • Be Jolly!
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Title: Lilliput screen.. results not "brilliant"
Finally got round to trying out the Lilliput screen I bought. Results were satisfactory, although not brilliant (forgive the pun)..

I mounted it under the transom hatch, and the picture was visable although not very bright. The weather was sunny with patchy intervals.

I will keep the screen, as it's useful for night-sailing, and poor visability and for £140.... However it's certainly no substitute to a proper marine monitor. :?

Do have taken some photographs of the monitor in use?
Any link to the pictures, please? ;-)

Didn't take any photos this time.. rather stupidly forgot my digital camera, in my rush to get to the coast on Saturday morning!

However, I'll definitely take some next time I'm down there.

Just curious, was the remote control at all useful and how was the touch screen?

Results weren't brilliant... I planned to use the screen mounted under the main companionwayh hatch.

In bright sunlight, you could see an image on the screen but it was very faint.. certainly nothing comparible to the sunlight screen on my Navman 5100i GPS chartplotter...

The remote works fine, although I didn't use it for controlling the mouse as such.

I was really hoping to have it for navigation in poor visibility. I am going to get Tacktick instruments for the boat I am buying and the kit they sell comes with a digital multifunction display and an analog display for wind info. If worse comes to worst, I can just use it in my car.

Incidentally I was told by a manufacturer of marine LCD displays that the reason that they have not produced more touch sensetive displays is that there is apparently an issue with fish guts adversey affecting the thin film that most touch screen displays use. It seems that the guts on fisermens' hands eat away at the plastic film... Go figure.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MacBook Screen Question JoeS. 2 2,568 August 3, 2007 19:46
Last Post: JoeS.